Leo Bertsch GmbH development history
1932 – acquisition by Leo Bertch of Mayer joinery shop in the town of Bad Friedrichshall Jagstfeld
Field of work: manufacturing of windows, doors, premium quality interior finishing of rooms (until 1965). Gradually shifting focus towards the production of doors.
Due to difficult conditions for development of production in the town of Bad Friedrichshall Jagstfeld (city center), the company had to acquire a new production site.
1967 – new production site with the area of 10.000 m2 in the city of Bad Wimpfen and start of the first stage of construction of covered manufacturing workshops with total area of 1.600 m2.
1968 – move to new manufacturing workshops. Core production – standard and special-purpose doors.
1970 – receiving a permit for production of T-30 fire-resistant single-leaf doors from the company Novopan – one of the first manufacturers of chip board. Start of production of T-30 wooden doors in the German-speaking region.
1976 – start of production of T-30 double-leaf doors Novopan-2.
1983 – development of own fire-resistant and smoke-control doors on wood base. In parallel, work is carried out on development of soundproof, burglar-resistant and explosion-proof doors, as well as other special-purpose doors.
Gradual extension of own site to 4.300 m2 and increase of personnel.
1999 - receiving a permit for production of T-30 fire-resistant single-leaf doors especially for US properties in Germany.
2003 - receiving a permit for production of the first T-90 fire-resistant single-leaf doors and double-leaf doors, as well as fire-resistant doors on wood-mineral base, in different executions with various types of door frames.
2009 – the Bertch family goes out of business. The company is acquired by Christoph and Uwe Appold as a part of asset transaction, and changes its name to Bertsch Funktionstüren GmbH..